1. To foster students’ interest in visual arts
2. To develop students’ perceptual abilities, with special emphasis on visual, aesthetic and arts experiences
3. To enable students to express personal feelings and thoughts through artistic presentations
4. To develop students’ visual cognition, generic skills and meta-cognition through art making, appreciation and criticism
5. To broaden students’ perspectives through exploration of the arts of diverse cultures
6. To cultivate students’ emotions, personal refinement, morals and sense of commitment towards the nation and the worlds
A. Junior Forms
F.1: Zentangle, Self-portrait, Caricature, Landscape Painting In Van Gogh Style, Egyptian Art, Head Sculpture, Exploring Artworks 1: "Famous Artworks You Should Know”
F.2: Texture-making Exercises, Namely Me (Typo Design), My Bedroom (One-point perspective), Still Life painting in Cezanne’s Style, Matisse-Inspired Collage, Gesture Drawing, Figure Sculptures, Exploring Artworks 2: "Famous Artworks You sSould Know”
F.3: Brainstorming Exercises, Athletic Meet Programme Cover design, Found object art, Print in the German Expressionism Style, Logo Design, Escape from Reality: Dali and Surrealism, Exploring Artworks 3: "Famous Artworks You Should Know”
B. Senior Forms
F.4 – F.6
Creativity Exercises, Art Appreciation and Criticism Exercises, Drawing and Painting Exercises, Media Exploration Exercises, Design (Graphic, Packaging, Product, Fashion, etc.) , Visual Presentation (figure, landscape, still life, etc), SBA Portfolio
A. Junior Forms:
1. Students will make use of different media and various forms to create a number of artworks of different sizes.
2. Through learning about different elements of art and design principles, students' abilities to interpret artworks will be strengthened.
3. Students’ motivation in self-learning will be enhanced:
- Teachers introduce books, references and resources in class. Students are encouraged to explore art-making techniques.
- Challenging assignments have been designed for each art project. Students may receive up to 6 bonus marks if they have completed the challenging task.
B. Senior Forms:
1. emphasise both art appreciation and criticism and art making;
2. put more emphasis on studying the contextual character of the visual art;
3. enrich students’ aesthetics and arts experience through study tours and museum visits;
4. enhance students’ self-learning:
- Teachers introduce books, references and resources in class. Students are encouraged to develop their own ways to express ideas, feelings, experiences and issues, and communicate to a wider audience;
- Students are provided the opportunities to explore different materials (even attempts to find/create materials).
2021, Rotten Wood Workshop
2021, Visit to PolyU School of Design
2022, Visit to CUHK Department of Fine Arts
2022, Visit to M+ Museum
2022, Mural Painting Workshop
2022, Collaborative Learing, VA+DT project "Jack in Parade"