The English Language curriculum aims to develop students’ English proficiency so that they can use the language to communicate freely and successfully both in written and spoken forms for academic and vocational purposes.
- To develop students’ basic knowledge in grammar, increase their vocabulary power and help them to acquire the four skills in language learning, i.e. reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- To enhance students' motivation to learn by using authentic materials, contexts and information technology, which provide them with a greater variety of ways to explore and use the language.
Highlights of the subject contents (Junior and Senior Forms)
Group Discussion and Individual Presentation
Language Arts in Junior Forms
Short Stories and Story Telling
Poetry Writing and Appreciation
Drama Script Writing and Performance
Elective Modules in Senior Forms
- Pop Culture
- Short Stories
- Social Issues
- Workplace Communication
- English activities are designed to aim at providing authentic situations for students to use English. For example, students have the opportunity to interview English-speaking tourists or serve as interpreters for our NET and English-speaking tutor.
- A task-based approach is adopted in all forms. Teachers design modules which include reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- F.1 and 2 students are divided into groups according to their English ability so that they can receive the best care from teachers.
- Our Extensive Reading Scheme provides students with opportunities not only to read fictions but also books on different topics that other EMI subjects cover. These include books on Geography, History, Maths, Science and Visual Arts.
- Emphasis is placed on helping our new students to learn in English through a series of bridging programmes. All EMI subjects are involved in the design of the materials.
Form 1 Bridging Course
Link to Bridging Programme (For newly admitted F.1 Students only)
Awards and Achievements
Hong Kong Young Ambassador Scheme
Bronze Medal - 6C Chow Wan Ki (HKYA 2016-2017)
70th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival
|1E||So Yup Hin||蘇熠軒||Rehearsed Original Scene||1st place|
|1E||Yau Pak Hei||丘柏希|
|1E||Li Shing Hong||李成康|
|1E||Rees Allan Wong||王子俊|
|1E||Yeung Hoi Ching||楊凱晴||Rehearsed Original Scene||3rd place|
|1E||Lee Hau Ki||李巧蕎|
|1E||Li Wei Xin||李蔚心|
|1E||Kan Wing Tung||簡穎彤|
|1E||Ng Yuen Ying||吳婉瑩|
|1E||Ng Yan Tung||吳欣曈|
|1E||Chung Sheung Yin||鍾尚賢|
Hong Kong Young Ambassador Scheme 2016-2017
|5C Chow Wan Ki|
|5D Hung Yik Shuen|
|5D Yeung Kam Ying Remi|
|5A So Chuen Yan|
69th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival
|Class||English Name||Chinese Name||Place|
|2D||Wong Wing Kiu||黃穎蕎||1st|
|2D||Tsang Kwong Kuen||曾廣權||1st|
|2E||Lai Man Huen||黎蔓萱||1st|
|1D||Lee Wing Hei||李泳熹||2nd|
|2A,2B||Ho Tsz Wun Stephanie, Wong Ming Wai||何子媛,黃明慧||2nd|
|2B||Suen Sen Ho||孫晨皓||2nd|
|2C||Cheung Hiu Ki||張曉淇||2nd|
|3C||Mak Tsz Yan||麥芷甄||2nd|
|3C,3D||Wong Ching Lam Dorothy, Chan Hei Tung||黃靜琳,陳僖彤||2nd|
|4B||Tse Ming Hin||謝明憲||2nd|
|5C||Chan Chak Yan Esmond||陳澤昕||2nd|
|1A||Ng Yan Tao||吳恩陶||3rd|
|1D||Lam Hoi Ching||林凱澄||3rd|
|2C||Wong Shin Wah||王倩樺||3rd|
2018 Hong Kong Inter-school Mock Trial Championship - Organised by Arch Education
The Honorable Mr. Justice Harris Award - Baptist Lui Ming Choi Secondary School
Outstanding Barrister Award - 5D Chan Wing Yin